Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Lights, camera, action

So, I think its high time I talk about something I love and that is movies and sometimes television. There are several movies that are on my must go to the theatre and see list and those two are Sex and the City and The Dark Knight(Batman). It is about time the Sex movie came out. I'm glad Kim Catrall(sp?) finally agreed to do it. Saturday two of my friends spent an entire day watching the last season to catch up for the movie, making us that more excited about it. It was by far one of the best shows on television. Speaking of television, I usually never get to watch all of the shows that people rave about because I work from 2:30 pm to 11. So one day at a Shenandoah Movie Gallery they had a closing sale. Here I found season 1 and 3 of Desperate Housewives for around 8 bucks. So, I decided that I would give it a go. Big mistake! I'm addicted now. I ran out and bought season two and my friend and I literally watch a season in a week. It is dramarific.

Back to The Dark Knight. I grew up loving the Batman movies (though the 4th was a little rough). It was the only comic book character that I had to watch. So when they started talking about who would play the new Batman I was even more thrilled to find out they chose Christian Bale. The man is talented and is truly dedicated to his work. My favorite movie is American Psycho and he scares the crap out of me in this film. The book and movie force you to take a look at who people really are past their apperance/job/how they live. Plus he's definitly not bad to look at. The day The Dark Knight comes out I will be one of the first in line waiting for my ticket.

I'm going to force myself to make a top ten. This is hard for me because I absolutley love movies and its tough but here it goes. Top ten in no particular order
American Psycho
Trainspotting
Pulp Fiction
High Fidelity
Fight Club
Wizard of Oz
Seven
A Christmas Story
Romeo & Juliet/Moulin Rouge
Interview with the Vampire
Others that were hard for me to not put on here are: Big Fish, The Departed, Edward Scissorhands, American History X, American Beauty, The Fifth Element, Witches of Eastwick, and Requiem for a Dream. And I'm sure I will post this and then say damn I forgot...
Anyways thanks for reading
~Amanda

3 comments:

falfal86 said...

Crazy enough those are the same two movies I am excited to see this summer as well. I think I've watched trailers for each of the movies about a million times. Christian Bale is truly amazing and I definately agree. I noticed you like High Fidelity, love that movie... so I'm surprised you just didn't come up with a "Top 5." The only thing that bothered me about that movie was his girlfriend's hideous bangs... good blog!

John Fisher said...

Dramarific! I like that word. I'm adding it to my list. Thanks, JF
Look at my blog at http://mediafile.us.

AmandaNelson04 said...

Her bangs were wretched. Top 5 was too hard for me. And thanks fish for liking dramarific.